The academic requirements for licensure are (FOG 21:3):
(1) A bachelor of arts degree, or its academic equivalent, from a college or university of reputable academic standing, and
(2) Completion of an adequate course of study lasting at least one year and a half in a theological seminary.
The requirement for ordination is (in addition to the requirements for licensure)(FOG 23:3):
An "adequate course of study in a theological seminary equivalent to that required for a regular three-year theological degree."
Transcripts are required from men seeking licensure (or ordination) when they come from a seminary other than the following:
- Westminster Theological Seminary
- Westminster Theological Seminary in California
- Mid-America Reformed Seminary
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Reformed Theological Seminary
- Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Covenant Theological Seminary
English Bible Examination
About the Church History Exam